City of Vienna, Viennese Hospital Association
F+P ARCHITEKTEN ZT GMBH
Treberspurg & Partner Architekten Ziviltechniker GmbH
Staatspreis Consulting 2007
Restoration Otto Wagner Church Steinhof
Baumgartner Höhe 1,
The church at Steinhof was built by Otto Wagner in 1905-1907 in the grounds of the Baumgartner Höhe Sanatorium on the edge of Vienna. Almost 100 years after its completion, a general renovation and restoration under the supervision of the Federal Office for the Protection of Monuments became necessary.
The most important areas of work were: Renewal of the Carrara marble façade, metalwork (copper) on the drum of the dome, gilding on the external façade, thermal insulation of all flat roofs; restoration of the decorative ornaments, the external sculptures and the stained glass windows by Kolomann Moser, as well as renovation and restoration of the interior and all façades.