F+P ARCHITEKTEN ZT GMBH
City Museum Mistelbach
The Barockschlössl lies in the centre of the small Lower Austrian town Mistelbach and was originally built around 1727. Consisting of a small baroque palace building with wine press house, former servants’ quarters, a free-standing exhibition room and a small toilet block, renovation and extension was required to create a new town museum.
The new building is conceptualised as a new glasshouse, for orangeries have traditionally been characteristic components of many palace ensembles. The interior of the glass house offers a very comfortable and friendly atmosphere for exhibitions and events. The end of the room is formed by a balcony, which creates an additional visual link between the old building and the interior of the Glass House and thus a conceptual connection between the two event areas.