Prinz Eugen-Straße 27, 1030 Vienna Year of completion: 1995
Client Austrian Republic represented by Burghauptmannschaft Vienna
The Upper and Lower Belvedere houses the art exhibits of the “Österreichische Galerie”. The refurbishment of the Belvedere Palaces was concerned with the exterior of the buildings as well as with the improvement of the interior circulation, enlargement of exhibition spaces and visitors facilities.
The expansion of the exhibition rooms in the Upper Belvedere was achieved by moving internal museum functions to newly adapted spaces in the Lower Belvedere.